Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston
Do you want to just feel warm and happy?? You’re lying if you say no. There’s a female president, biracial first family, and lots of romance and friendship with beautiful and fun settings. I didn’t put this book down for a week and also never wanted it to end.
Oldies: Singin in the Rain’ (Amazon)
It’s mathematically impossible to not sing “I’m singing in the rain, just singing in the rain!” while it’s raining while wearing a trench coat and holding an umbrella. A classic that never fails to put smiles on our faces.
Comedy: Brittany Runs a Marathon (Amazon)
If the marathon you’ve been training for just got cancelled like ours did (who we kidding), watch Brittany turn her life around and most importantly how she views herself. Grab your ice cream and popcorn and enjoy this sweet and charming movie.
Romance: He’s Just Not That Into You (Netflix)
Scarlett Johansson, Jen Aniston, Drew Barrymore, Ben Affleck, Bradley Cooper… Do I need to say anymore?
Drama: Nowhere Boy (Netflix)
Did you also grow up playing a lot of Beatles Rockband and watching Yellow Submarine after school with your friends? Just me? You’re lying again. You love them, we all do. Lennon struggles through relationships with the mother who abandoned him and aunt who raised him as he gets the band up and running with Paul.
Genre: Ready or Not (Amazon Prime)
– I went to see this in the theaters with absolutely no idea what I was getting into and let me just say (and I don’t say this lightly), this was my favorite movie of the year. It’s horror, but the kind of horror that you can still go to sleep in your home after watching it. Don’t play this game at home kids!
Outlander (Starz, Netflix)
Look, I won’t lie, my biggest accomplishment of 2019 was getting 5 people to start watching Outlander. There’s 4 complete seasons out, and the 5th season is currently being released every Sunday. Sam Heughan and Caitriona Balfe, do we say more?!
Sex Education (Netflix)
The first season is so so good and imo the second is better. Really great, full characters in what mostly feels like a timeless high school setting. It’s also beautifully shot and let’s just face it – British humor just hits different! Live vicariously through these teens as they navigate high school better than I ever did.
– Feels like this is self-explanatory but yes, I have still been dating throughout this whole mess because I refuse to enter Dante’s Inferno ALONE. And you know what, the tips are helpful. So even if you’re embarrassed, just educate yourself and don’t admit it to anyone.
– When I was an intern at MTV news in 2015, I helped transcribe all the interviews that would then go on to be this article. It’s long, but also super fun, and you kinda have the time to read this sort of thing now, right?
– A man in California is haunted by the memory of a pop song from his youth. He can remember the lyrics and the melody. But the song itself has vanished, completely scrubbed from the internet.
– Everything Karina Longworth does is incredible and this episode is no exception.
– Everything You Ever Needed to Know About Skincare Ft. Dr. Shari Marchbein – I thought I knew a lot about skin care, turns out I don’t!